There are lots of benefits from sweet corn (Makkai in Nepali) and the benefits of corn cannot be ignored. Corn is an incredible variety of maize that has a delicious taste and savored by one and all! This starchy vegetable is high in carbohydrates and is widely used in many Indian and continental dishes to suit the taste buds of many.
Sweet corn is a vegetable that is full of starch. This means it is high in carbohydrate content. It contains multiple nutrients that can reap benefits for the body. Sweet corn works well as a side dish, or can be used as an ingredient in soups, salads or casseroles. By adding it in other foods, you can increase the nutrient content even more.
Now lets have a look at the benefits of sweet corn :
1. Sweet Corn for Improved Digestion: This incredible vegetable plays a vital role in improving your digestion and in turn relaxes the intestines. Corn as a matter of fact is filled with fiber that helps in getting rid of digestive problems like- constipation. Eating corn kernels can do you a lot of good by alleviating digestive disorders. This is one of the sweet corn benefits.
2. Sweet Corn for Healthy Heart: Corn is rich in folate that is a kind of Vitamin B. This helps in keeping your heart healthy and prevents various heart disorders or cardiovascular diseases.
3. Sweet Corn for Cholesterol Control: Benefits of corn are many and this is one of them. Sweet corn has a huge amount of Vitamin C that go a long way in controlling the cholesterol levels in the body. The carotenoids and the bioflavonoids too play an important role in maintaining good cholesterol and doing away with bad cholesterol from the body.
4. Sweet Corn to Prevents Anemia: Are you feeling low? Well, do not fret because the only thing you have to do is munch onto some delicious corn kernels! The folic acid that is present in this tantalizing vegetable helps in preventing any kind of anemia.
5. Sweet Corn for Diabetes Control: A lesser known fact about sweet corn is that, the starch extracted from these kernels improves the metabolism of glucose in overweight women.
6. Sweet Corn for Healthy Eyes: Your eyes are the door to the universe! Yellow corn is known to be filled with beta-carotene which is the main product that stimulates the production of Vitamin A which in turn is essential for good vision.
7. Sweet Corn for Improving Brain Function: Thiamine, the nutrient that is essential for improved brain function is present in these delicious corn kernels. Thiamine helps in strengthening your memory power that makes it easy for you to deal with various tasks on a daily basis.
8. Sweet Corn for Youthful skin: Corn is rich in antioxidants which play a vital role in getting your body rid of free radicals. Younger looking skin is everyone’s dream! So go ahead and enjoy a handful of corn each day.
9. Sweet Corn to Prevents Cancer: The dreadful decease cancer can be prevented by consuming the lovely sweet corn. The phytonutrients present in this vegetable shields your body against colon and many digestive cancers.
10. Sweet Corn Benefits for Pregnant Women: Pregnant women are most of the time troubled with folic acid deficiency.
Watch video for more information about benefit of sweet corn …