A house was reduced to ashes, incurring damages worth Rs 2 million when fire engulfed it at Myanglung Municipality-2 in Tehrathum district on Monday.
The fire erupted from a short circuit due to lightning had damaged the house belonging to a local Padam Bhujel at around 2:30 pm, according to the District Police Office, Therathum.
The food items, clothes and jewelry of Deepak Limbu, who had been staying as a tenant at that house, have been damaged in the incident. No human casualty was reported in the incident as there were none at home when the incident took place, said Man Bahadur Limbu.
An eye witness Manoj Limbu shared, “A heavy rainfall occurred as the thunderbolt stroke the house. Immediately after it, the house was on fire.”
The fire was doused in support of the locals and security personnel of Nepal Army and Nepal Police after two hours of efforts.
The local Municipality immediately provided victim Limbu with the in-kind support. Mayor Sanjaya Kumar Tumbahamphe informed that clothes amounting to Rs 15,000 was provided to both, the house owner and the tenant.