Nepal condemns Manchester terrorist attack

May 23, 2017

banner

Kathmandu - Government of Nepal today has strongly condemned the terrorist attack in Manchester of the United Kingdom where 19 people were killed yesterday.

Minister for Foreign Affairs Dr Prakash Sharan Mahat, in a letter to his British counterpart, Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Boris Johnson, stated that Nepal stands in solidarity with the Government of UK and sympathies to the bereaved families and those injured.

Minister Mahat further wished for speedy recovery to the injured people and hoped that those responsible for the terrorist attack would be brought to book.

At least 19 people were killed in a blast at a concert in the English city of Manchester on Monday where U.S. singer Ariana Grande had been performing and two U.S. officials said a suicide bomber was suspected in the explosion.

British police said the incident, in which at least 50 people were injured, was being treated as a terrorist incident. Police carried out a controlled explosion on a suspect device several hours after the blast. RSS

Leave a reply

HTML Tags are not supported

Click on captcha to refresh

Post My Comment »